Sunday, August 29, 2010

Good Health Can Be Elusive

Good Health I had for years without earning it or even treasuring it. Then began my tunnel of woe: 2006-2010, 4 deaths including 2 parents, a younger brother and a mentor. Since then, my health goes up and down like a yo-yo. Nothing serious, just inconvenient and puzzling. A couple years ago, adrenal exhaustion from a stressful job just after Dad died. For several months I could barely haul myself around, was working half time and deliriously tired. Then a two year stint with a non-profit which re-upped the stress level and led to another attempt at taking a year off. This time I did it.

Last week I thought I was having a heart event. Felt dizzy and nauseated, no energy. Huffing like the little engine that could. I went to my reflexologist because my back hurt and she 'reset' my chakras, did some deep digging in my seized up muscles and I walked out of there on a cloud. I felt fabulous and still do. Heart is all better. Go figure. I was about to sign up for several thousand dollars worth of cardiac tests. Why? Because I was afraid. Very afraid.

Reflexology, Chinese herbs, Iridology, Acupuncture are all great places to start looking when it gets scary in there.

I should mention that my other health improvements included ditching sugar and coffee for awhile. That is amazingly therapeutic, since they tag team you, ripping up your energy levels and immune response among other things.

1 comment: